Tuesday, April 15, 2014

BUMPDATE: 17 weeks

I know, I know I promised y'all a bumpdate last week but I never really got a chance to get around to it until now so...here ya go!


Since this is my first official bumpdate, here's a quick run-down of how they are going to go:

  • Quick Stats
    • Weeks pregnant, belly measurement, pictures, ultrasounds, etc
  • Baby Buys
    • Any baby or nursery purchases from the week (pictures included)
  • Don't Forget About Mama
    • Quick recap of how I'm feeling.
  • Operation Nursery
    • Updates on all nursery projects...get excited!!!
  • Extras
    • Anything else I feel like telling y'all lol

Quick Stats

<3 <3 <3
Let's see, I'm 17 weeks+3 days and at my last appointment (16 weeks) I was 118lbs. The doctor expressed some concern considering I hadn't gained any weight since my 12 week appointment but I'm not really worried...it's not like I'm not eating. I've always had trouble gaining weight, even as kid, but I'm sure the weight will come eventually. (Truthfully...it can take as long as it wants lol). 

I'm measuring 30"!! I know that's not a lot but it sure sounds like a lot to me. A lot of people have actually been noticing my growing bump and although I do like the attention, it's a little embarrassing. And I am definitely NOT looking forward to the unsolicited belly rubs  

As you may remember, we had an ultrasound appointment last week but I'm not showing you the pictures. Stay tuned though, because we are doing a big gender reveal on Easter. Eeeek, I'm so excited!!!!!


Baby Buys

We finally found a dresser! I can't wait to start refurbishing it, it's going to look amazing!! We also bought a couple pacifiers, a yoga ball and pregnancy/body pillow to help alleviate my hip discomfort (see below).

Don't Forget About Mama

Holy hips stretching! My hips have been killing me the last few days. I think it has to do with my uterus moving closer towards my belly button but OMG it is a terrible pain. Thankfully the discomfort has been subsiding but ugh...definitely no bueno. Other than that I feel great. 

Operation Nursery

May 10th! May 10th! May 10th! Well actually maybe like the 11th, 12th or 13th, but regardless I can't wait until this semester is over so I can dive into all of the nursery projects I want to do. Here's a link to my Pinterest board if you're interested in my craft ideas: Baby & Nursery Projects.

Extras

I didn't want to include this in 'Baby Buys' because it seemed a little creepy but we hired our doula! It took some convincing but I'm super excited to have her apart of the team. It's only been about a week so I can't really comment on our official doula experience but she'll definitely be apart of my later blogs. Should I do a 'Why We Hired a Doula' blog? Sound off in the comments :D

That's it for now! Do you like the organization or should I try something else? As always thanks for reading! See ya soon!!

<3 Tiffe

P.S. 
I can't deny y'all...here's a pic from our appointment last week!!
So freaking adorable!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment