Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wait, You're Doing What? Why We Chose Cloth Diapers

Aren't these just the cutest!!!

Hello everyone!!

      If you can't tell by the title, or the super adorable picture at the top of the screen, today's post is going to be all about cloth diapers. Yes! We are going to be a cloth diapering family. I am super excited that after several side eyes from my darling husband, he finally came my way and agreed that a cloth diapering system would be the best for our budding baby butt. Before presenting it to Jeremiah, I came to the cloth diaper conclusion after researching the best disposable brands and being less than impressed with what I found...plus, since we live overseas we don't have a lot access (outside of Amazon.com) to the more popular/more expensive natural diaper brands. Here a few of the points that sold me on cloth diapering:

  • Cost
    • When compared to disposables, cloth diapering is SUPER cost efficient. Yes, there is a bigger upfront cost but think about this way, instead of buying a pack diapers every month or every week, all you need are the diapers you initially invested it. (But let me tell you, buying can get a tad addicting LOL!)
  • Safety/Rash Reduction
    • Disposable diapers have a ton of dyes and chemicals in them and although companies posit that they are completely and totally safe, I personally don't want to take any chances with my baby's bottom. Also cloth diapers are virtually diaper rash proof...WIN!! 
  • Adorableness (is that even a word?)
    • Need I say more? They're super cute!!!!!!!! Cloth diapers come in a variety of colors and prints that can, and will only enhance your baby's natural cuteness. 
  • Earth Friendly
    • Pretty obvious. 
Honestly, my reasons for cloth diapering are extremely common. But here are a few YouTube 'gurus' that helped me make my decision

NaturallyThriftyMom --> This link leads to part 1 of her awesome cloth diapering series. 

ObbsandLala - 10 Cloth Diapering Myths --> She has a really awesome channel full of cloth diaper know how.


Missy Lanning - Why I Chose to Cloth Diaper --> I actually just started watching her channel but I'm definitely glad I found it! She is super knowledgeable and seems very down to earth.

The picture above is only the beginning of our stash (newborn and one size) and I am so excited to watch it grow. I've already order 3 new diapers and 2 covers - we're going to use a system of prefolds/covers and newborn pockets until the baby can fit into OS pocket diapers (one size).

That's it for now y'all! Once Peanut Butter Cup is born I'll be able to talk more about our cloth diapering experience.

See ya!!

P.S. I promise there will be a bumpdate tomorrow. We have an ultrasound in the morning. YAY!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment